Anyone can 3D print, you don’t need to be a patron!
- Our bed accommodates items up to 8.6”L x 8.6”W x 9.8”H
- If the items are small enough, we can fit several items at a time during the same print, but know, that slows the printing process down considerably
- Printing is at the Library’s discretion but we will not print if it is
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or pose a threat to the well-being of others; no weapons or parts of guns allowed
- Subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
Submit a 3d printing file to email@example.com
- slice the file to prepare for printing & check for errors
- respond with the cost for printing & when you can pick it up
- Print your file
Pay at pickup (to use a credit/debit card - amount must be at least $5)
$0.10/gram - 3d printing
$1.00 - paints & sandpaper for finishing (only available at specified times)
FREE - 3d printing & painting supplies during a program
Need Tech Help?
Schedule 1-on-1 session
For assistance using the library catalog, requesting interlibrary loans, downloading Libby/Hoopla items to your device or for basic computer/phone help.
Registration for one 60-minute slot is required. Patrons are limited to one slot, once per week. If there is something you'd like help with that is not listed, please check with the library before making an appointment.
What we can help you with:
- Library Catalog
- Using MeL
- Interlibrary loans
- MeL's electronic resources
- Downloading and using Libby or Hoopla
- Finding information / doing research online
- Basic help using a laptop, tablet, smartphone or USB flash drive
- Basic help using a camera
- Organizing files, photos, music
What we cannot help with:
- Library staff members are unable to troubleshoot hardware and/or software problems, or repair devices.
- Library staff may not be able to provide assistance for all device types, programs and problems.
- Library staff cannot give professional tax, legal, financial or health care advice.
- Patrons can use their own equipment during a One-on-One session; however, Techs may not be able to provide assistance for non-standard software.
Disclaimer: The library is not liable for any damage to customer equipment that may occur during a help session.
Register for a 1-on-1 Session
- Appointments are available based on library staff availability.
- We make every effort to fulfill appointment requests as soon as possible, but during peak periods there can be a wait of 1-2 weeks.
- Appointments are typically on Thursdays from 1 - 2pm. If you cannot make this time, please list other availability.
Tech Help by Email
If you have a quick question that you think could be answered by email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy, Print, Scan and Fax
Black and White Copies
$0.10/side --- 8.5 x 11"
$0.25/side --- 8.5 x 14" and 11 x 17"
$0.25/side --- 8.5 x 11"
$0.25/side --- 8.5 x 14" and 11 x 17"
Fax Fees, incoming and outgoing
$1.00/page up to 10 pages
$0.50 for each additional page
Cover page is Free
Meeting & Study Rooms
The Bridgman Public Library offers the use of their Community Room and Courtyard area to residents of the City of Bridgman, Lake Charter Township, Chikaming Township and to local organizations. Before using these facilities, please review the Community Room and Courtyard Policy and complete an application. Applications can be faxed to the Library @ (269)465-3249 or sumitted to Library Staff. All applications must be approved.
The Louise Christensen Community Room and Courtyard: Accomodates 75.
Carol Richardson Conference Room: Accommodates 8-10.
South Meeting Room: Accommodates 1-3.
NOTICE: Meeting Rooms are available by appointment
When not booked for meetings, the Carol Richardson Conference Room and South Meeting Room can be reserved as private study rooms.
Wireless Internet Access
Free Wi-Fi available 24/7.
Network Name: BPL Public WiFi
Access to the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Laptops are also available for check-out with a Bridgman library card.
Free Notary Service
Please call for an appointment. Donations are always appreciated.
Homebound Delivery Service
If you are unable to visit the Library we will deliver items to your home.
Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots
Mobile Hotspots provide unlimited internet access for up to 5 devices anywhere a mobile signal is available; they are equipped with internet content filtering software.
They are available for check out by Bridgman, Lake Township, or Chikaming Township residents over 18 years old with no unpaid fines on their account. Hotspost are checked out for 14 days, with one renewal. One Mobile Hotspot checkout per household at a time.
Hotspots must be returned to a staff member at the circulation desk. DO NOT return in the dropbox. They must be kept in a temperature-controlled environment. DO NOT leave them in a car.
Overdue fines for Hotspots will be $5.00 per day. If a Hotspot is more than 4 days overdue, service will be canceled and the patron charged for a replacement kit. The patron is responsible for costs associated with lost or damaged Hotspots and accessories.