BPL Second Wednesday Book Group
In Person in the Community Room @ 5:30
Lively and engaging book discussions.
Pick up your book with the library staff 1 month in advance. Must have a Bridgman library card.
Next Meeting - October 11th
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Memory Keeper's Daughter is a novel by American author Kim Edwards that tells the story of a man who gives away his newborn daughter, who has Down syndrome, to one of the nurses.
A family drama, The Memory Keeper’s Daughter explores every mother’s silent fear: What would happen if you lost your child and she grew up without you? It is also an astonishing tale of love and how the mysterious ties that hold a family together help us survive the heartache that occurs when long-buried secrets are finally uncovered.
2023 Meeting Times
and BOOK TITLES
- January 11: The Nightingale / Kristin Hannah
- February 8: Brave New World / Aldous Huxley
- March 8: The Help / Kathryn Stockett
- April 12: The Other Side of the River / Alex Kotlowitz
- May 10: The Death and Life of the Great Lakes / Dan Egan
- June 14: The Old Man and the Sea / Ernest Hemingway
- July 12: Run Rose Run / Dolly Parton & James Patterson
- August 9: Lord of the Flies / William Golding
- September 13: Farenheit 451/ Ray Bradbury
- October 11: The Memory Keeper's Daughter / Kim Edwards
- November 8: Autistic Brain / Temple Grandin
- December 13: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings / Maya Angelou